Become a member
We welcome applications for membership from
- Law firms, barristers’ chambers, arbitrators and mediators involved in litigation and arbitration in the UK courts and tribunals, and the LIDW founding and supporting members.
- Organisations providing ancillary services to litigators and barristers. For example: litigation funders, eDiscovery providers, expert witnesses, media and publishing houses.
We also welcome applications for Friends membership from
- Corporate in-house legal departments.
- UK and international educational, professional and not-for-profit organisations within the legal industry. For example: law societies, institutions and bodies representing litigators and arbitrators.
- Universities qualify for Friends membership if applied for by the head of the law faculty/authorised representative.
How much does it cost to become a member?
As a not-for-profit organisation we ask all members for a small annual fee to cover our administrative costs. Membership and access to the LIDW community runs from 1 January to 31 December.
* Prices are excluding VAT
There is no pro rata reduction for entities that join late in the year. Membership is always due for renewal at the end of the calendar year. All prices above are subject to VAT and LIDW reserves the right to introduce the charging of a joining fee for new members in due course. For new members joining during the current introductory period the joining fee is waived.
What benefits do members get?
All members gain:
- A listing in the members directory.
- The right to mention the LIDW membership in marketing materials.
- Priority booking for formal LIDW events.
Please fill in the form below to apply for membership
Following approval of your membership application, the membership secretary will send you LIDW’s bank details for payment by BACS.